Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chapter9, Cut all the loose ends off!

This was a crazy time, terminating employment, getting school records, securing tickets, argh I'm glad its over. So here I sit in present day America! The land of milk and honey, where most people are lactose intolerant and allergic to bees; the land of the free-ks! Just kidding, I know many amazing Americans, most of whom think I lived in grass huts and kept a fire going to ward off lions! Yes, I love you all anyways, even if you think my accent is cool.

I packed my life up and moved across the Atlantic for so many, many reasons but primarily for love. It is an amazing feeling to find the genuine article, indescribable, you just... know. You really are willing to move the world to be with the person and the most awesome part is they would do the same for you. Once you have put aside your insecurities, once that person shows you that truly you are most important to me for so many more reasons than personal pleasure. I want you, I choose you, I choose you to grow old with, to experience life with, to clean up disgusting messes with, to find out sad news with, to support through excruciatingly emotional times, and then, then to enjoy every happiness life has to offer with you. That is what makes being away from my homeland worth every heartache.

As my children get older and start experiencing life and all the ups and downs that get thrown their way, I envision their futures and try to imagine mine. The stones we lay in the foundations of childhood will carry them to a place of love. Yes I suppose I am feeling quite deep today, but do know it is not a bullshit deep, just a genuine kind of deep as an after effect of a weekend of great friendship and love. And of course a few bottles of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment